The Canvas Portal – Make a Payment end-user journey
Step 1 – Customer opens the Portal
The customer has already registered and performs a login using the Two-factor Strong Customer Authentication (SCA).
Step 2 – Login successfully completed
The login has been successful, and the customer is directed to the Transactions landing screen.
In the Transactions screen, select the Payments option.
In the Payments screen, select Bank payment to make an external transfer. For this guide, we will select UK Account as it is the most common use case.
The three available options are:
- Canvas Account
- UK Account
Step 4 – Bank payment screen
In the Bank payment screen, select Pay a person to add the new payee details.
Note: This process remains the same even if the customer has already saved the payee’s details.
Step 5 – Add payment details
Next, add the mandatory Payee details and Payment details.
- Payee name
- Account number
- Type of payments
- 3 Working Day Bank Transfer
- Same Day Faster Payment
- Next Day Faster Payment
- Recipient Email address
Step 6 – Confirm payment
Select Submit bank payment.
Available options before the payment is confirmed include:
- Type of payment – Same Day Faster Payment or Next Day Faster Payment
- Reference – an optional description of the transaction
- Recipient Email address
Step 7 – Confirm payment (exemptions)
When Confirm Payment is selected, one of the four following exemptions determine the next steps of the journey.
- Trusted beneficiary – continue to Step 8 – SCA not required.
- Not trusted beneficiary – continue to Step 9 – SCA Required.
- Low value transaction – continue to Step 8 – SCA not required.
- Transaction value above agreed threshold continue to Step 9 – SCA Required.
Step 8 – SCA not required
If the payment meets one of the following conditions, the SCA will not be applied.
- Trusted beneficiary
- Low value transaction
Continue to Step 14 – Payment has been sent.
Step 9 – SCA Required
If the payment meets one of the following conditions, SCA will be required and the OTP SCA solution will be applied:
- Not a trusted beneficiary
- Transaction value above agreed threshold
Step 11 – Cancel/Authorise/Not recognised
Depending on the outcome of SCA, one of the following paths will be taken:
- Cancel (by the customer to return to edit the payment details) – return to Step 5 – Add payment details.
- Authorise/Recognised – continue to Step 14 – Payment has been sent.
- Not recognised – continue to Step 12 – Try again/Maximum attempts exceeded/Cancel
Step 12 – Try again /Fail/Cancel
There are three potential outcomes from this point:
- Try again – return to Step 10 – SCA factor required.
- Fail – continue to Step 13 – Error screen displayed – Account blocked.
- Cancel – return to Step 5 – Add payment details.
Step 13 – Error screen displayed – Account blocked
An Error screen is displayed after a number of failed attempts and a message is displayed instructing the customer to contact customer services.