Our networking team uses Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) to send you client reports, bulk payment file and API configuration detail. Before you go to the step-by-step guide below to set up the secure FTP, take note of two important points:
- Provide your public IP for whitelisting in the Contis firewall and SFTP application.
- Provide SSH Public key generated by you.
This will enable Contis networking team to setup SFTP connection with your Public IP.SSH2 encryption renders content unreadable during the file transfer process. Thereby, protecting the data confidentiality during complete or incomplete file transfers, including file deletion.
The SFTP URLs for each environment are listed below:
- Sandbox host: testsftp.contisgroup.com – Port 22
- Production host: sftp.contisgroup.com – Port 22
The following guide will walk you through the process in Windows and on a Mac.
Creating SSH Public Key in Windows
- Click to download Putty Key Generator
- Select RSA
- Enter the number of bits (copy the shown value)
- Click Generate
PuTTY key generates a keypair
- Type Contis SFTP in Key Comment field
- Enter a strong 16-character passphrase that includes upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Confirm passphrase
- Click Save Private Key to save your private key with. ppk extension
- Click Save Public Key to save your public key without any extension
- Save and Share the attachment of SSH public key with Contis networking team
- Contis will provide you with the SFTP domain and username and post a test file to the location
- Once you confirm that you have successful received the file, the team will send you the account set up file containing your master account number, scheme code and API service URL.
- Now setup a secure VPN connection with Contis
Creating SSH Public Key using a Mac
Open Terminal and paste the following :
ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 2048 -C "Contis SFTP"
This creates a new SSH key, using “Contis SFTP” as a label.
Generating public/private rsa key pair.
Enter a file in which to save the key (/Users/you/.ssh/id_rsa) : [Press enter]
At the prompt, type a secure passphrase. Choose a strong 16-character passphrase that includes upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
Enter same passphrase again : [Type passphrase again]
Add your SSH ket to the ssh-agent.
Start the agent in the background.
eval "$(ssh-agent -s)"Agent pid 59566
If you’re using macOS Sierra 10.12.2 or later, you will need to modify your
~/.ssh/config file to automatically load keys into the ssh-agent and store passphrases in your keychain.
1. Host * 2. AddKeysToAgent yes 3. UseKeychain yes 4. IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa
Add your SSH private key to the ssh-agent and store your passphrase in the keychain. If you created your key with a different name, or if you are adding an existing key that has a different name, replace
id_rsa in the command with the name of your private key file.
ssh-add -K ~/.ssh/id_rsa
Copy the public SSH key to your clipboard save in a text editor without and extension. If your SSH key file has a different name than the example code, modify the filename to match your current setup. When copying your keydon’t add any newlines or whitespace.
pbcopy < ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
# Copies the contents of the id_rsa.pub file to your clipboard.
Share the SSH public key with Contis networking team
Contis will provide you with the SFTP domain and username and post a test file to the location.
Once you confirm that you have successful received the file, the team will send you the account set up file containing your master account number, scheme code and API service URL.
Now setup a secure VPN connection with Contis.